Followers

Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thrifty's Ice Cream by The Scoop

Summer Memories:

I remember when my siblings and I would want an ice cream cone we would walk down to our local Thrifty's Drug Store and head straight for the Ice Cream Counter.  A single scoop was 05¢, a double was 10¢, and you could go all out and get a triple scoop for 15¢!  Yes, I'm old....I think it's over $1.00 for a single now at Rite Aid which sells Thrify's brand ice cream.  Our favorites included: Chocolate Malted Crunch, Mint & Chip, Rocky Road, and Rainbow Sherbet for my baby sister.  What was your favorite flavor?

I am on a hunt for the ice cream "scooper" with the trigger handle!  If anyone finds one before I do please let me know!  I did find something that makes "cylinder" style scoops, but I would rather have the "gun" type that they used in the store.

Why am I on such a mission? Well we have a huge tub of ice cream at that was intended for our son's First Birthday Party but we forgot it in our freezer at home. Now I am thinking of having an ice cream social for my son and his cousins to create some new summer memories for them!


This was something that I found on Amazon that looks nice, but I really have my heart set the "old school" one!

Cuisipro Scoop and Stack Ice Cream Scoop
Cuisipro Scoop and Stack Ice Cream Scoop

2 comments:

mommysankey said...

Cynthia- I love the idea of an ice cream social... definitely making memories. Good luck on your hunt- hope you are able to find exactly what you are looking for.

Life by Cynthia said...

@ mommysankey Doesn't it sound like a ton of messy fun? I can always make do without the scoop I am hunting for but would love to have one since it reminds me of happy times as a kid!