Followers

Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Bubble Gum Memories

Photo credit: Croaker Inc.
Juicy Fruit Gum. I still have the smell memorized. In the 70's there was a commercial of people picking packs of Juicy Fruit Gum off of a tree as if it were actual fruit that had grown from that tree.   I was a very young girl at the time but I distinctly remember the commercial because I would HOPE & DREAM to have a tree like that!  I wanted a tree like that for my birthday for a couple of years!  I think I'll have to do a search on YouTube for the commercial!


Now don't even get me started on Fruit Stripe Gum! I can still taste it's yummy-ness! I used to keep the packaging and enjoy smelling it once the gum was all gone!

Photo credit: whateverhappenedtothat


As I entered middle school and into high school the "stick" type of gum switched to the HubbaBubba, BubbleYum and Bubbalicious types!


Photo credit: Hubba Bubba on facebook


I don't chew gum anymore since I have TMJ and my doctor and dentist discouraged banned gum chewing. But I still have happy memories of my gum chewing, bubble blowing days! I was oh so proud of myself when I first learned to blow a bubble!

And YES I have had gum stuck in my hair many times!!  Ever fall asleep with gum in your mouth? I think I was five or six when that happened!

No comments: