Followers

Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Roll Down Your Car Window!

Photo credit: USAToday
This morning my husband got into his car a bit before I did and I had to ask him something before he drove off.  I motioned for him to "roll down the window" as if there were a handle to do so.  You know, like the good old days pre-automatic style!  I laughed and joked with him about how silly my motioning would be to our nieces and nephews who have never in their lifetime "rolled" down a car window. Instead they push a button and the window lowers. Sigh...my niece is here with me and I worked my imaginary hand crank for a car window and asked her if she knew what my motioning looked like to her.  She looked at me puzzled!  When I explained to her she then lit up and said OH....like in grandma's car!  I found a picture online to show her.  Talk about a generation gap!

No comments: